We couldn’t be more excited to share with you more about the Leap, this tool is a first for us and a Leatherman innovation we’re hoping you guys love as much as we do. Enter the Leap.
Leatherman is known for generation users, those who have multi-tools that were handed down from their grandparents and they are some of our users most prized possessions. We love hearing those stories, and the stories of the generational user.
The Leap was designed to create a safe and introductory tool for kids of younger generation. Here are some of our kid-friendly innovations to our favorite multi-tool style:
- They are designed for smaller hands. No heavy, too big tools for the littlest users.
- They have a removable knife blade that can be inserted once a supervisor or parent feels it’s safe for the child to use.
- They have safety locks, the tools won’t jump around on our children in use.
- The tools open, lock and unlock in ways that are ergonomically designed to keep kids fingers out of the way of harm.
- The grips are designed for the tool to be comfortably used away from the child’s direction. No knives or saws coming towards the child’s body, only used away from.
We want to celebrate our youngest doers, those who want to develop building, creating, fixing and the outdoors lives. The Leatherman Leap is here to help us do that and in style – red, blue and green style to be exact.