- They’re by far our most colorful additions to the family (besides our D14) – Neon colors, so many neon colors – Pink, Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow.
- It’s modern and different. Are you a running, jogging, rollerblading, hiking, skating, walking, dancing, at a concert, taking photos? Are you a kid? Adult? It’s a lightweight light designed for movement – people, all people, who enjoy life and are flexible and spontaneous. There really are so many reasons It’s perfect for you.
- It’s great for kids and families – Walking the dog, playing in the backyard, hide and seek tag in the house after dinner, the neon colors are fun and creative for your kids to love. With a front and rear light, you and your family will be safe and seen.
- Do you love those DIY household crafts? Do them hands free and in style with a neon headlamp that’s bright but can be dimmed for any situation.
- It’s got a wide and bright beam, 16:9 to be exact, you’re going to see everything and your safety is heightened.
- The NEO is easy, control it with one switch.
- It’s 54g without batteries – That’s less than one pound of weight.
- They’re compact, ergonomically designed for human anatomy.
- They operate on batteries you can find anywhere. All you need is 3 AAA batteries, rechargeable batteries (NiMH) are possible too.
- Splash resistant – Don’t panic if it begins to rain on your camping trip, running route or hike.
- Smart Light Technology – Do you want bright light, dimmed light, or a blinking light that lets you be seen? You pick.
- How would you feel if I told you this tiny, lightweight, neon and trendy light will give you 90 lumens of light? That’s bright.
- They are so fun. Check this out.
We couldn’t be more excited to share with you more about the Leap, this tool is a first for us and a Leatherman innovation we’re hoping you guys love as much as we do. Enter the Leap.
Leatherman is known for generation users, those who have multi-tools that were handed down from their grandparents and they are some of our users most prized possessions. We love hearing those stories, and the stories of the generational user.
The Leap was designed to create a safe and introductory tool for kids of younger generation. Here are some of our kid-friendly innovations to our favorite multi-tool style:
- They are designed for smaller hands. No heavy, too big tools for the littlest users.
- They have a removable knife blade that can be inserted once a supervisor or parent feels it’s safe for the child to use.
- They have safety locks, the tools won’t jump around on our children in use.
- The tools open, lock and unlock in ways that are ergonomically designed to keep kids fingers out of the way of harm.
- The grips are designed for the tool to be comfortably used away from the child’s direction. No knives or saws coming towards the child’s body, only used away from.
We want to celebrate our youngest doers, those who want to develop building, creating, fixing and the outdoors lives. The Leatherman Leap is here to help us do that and in style – red, blue and green style to be exact.
Now, through the rest of September, we’re doing something big. We’re doing one of the biggest giveaways we’ve ever done, and it’s a simple entry contest to top it off. No creating a video, no posting a picture of your recent DIY project – all you have to do, is sign up for our monthly newsletter. Best part of the 18-tool giveaway? It all comes in a custom Leatherman YETI Roadie cooler. Enter here.
“Which tools will I win?” you ask.
Charge TTi, Crunch, Juice XE6, Micra, MUT, OHT, Raptor, Rebar, Sidekick, Skeletool, Squirt PS4, Style CS, Style PS, Super Tool 300, Surge, Wave, Wingman, Z-Rex. Approximate Retail Value: $1,750.00.
“But Leatherman, I don’t want to get spammed,” you said.
Don’t worry, we’ll only send you first-to-know, informational emails and special deals – only for our email subscribers.
“I’m not sure if I have signed up for the newsletter or not before,” you told us.
You should have gotten an email about this contest and how to enter if you’re already a newsletter subscriber (we sent it out early on the 10th of September). If not, sign up and enter!
“So, I can still enter to win if I already subscribe?” you questioned.
Of course! This contest isn’t only for new subscribers, check your email for more details on how to enter. And thank you for already being a newsletter member!
Miss Oregon 2014, Rebecca Anderson, visited Leatherman for a factory tour just in time for Labor Day. She wanted celebrate and to learn more about Oregon jobs by seeing our manufacturing process here at Leatherman first hand.
“When people think Oregon, they don’t always think manufacturing. But companies like Leatherman do exist and are thriving here in Portland,” said Rebecca. “It’s amazing, I’ve never seen a factory like this before. I’ve learned so much about Oregon jobs and how this all works.”
We took photos throughout the tour, and of course we had to get a picture of her with our newest product, the Leap!
Thank you for coming, Rebecca! We loved meeting you and teaching you about the Leatherman factory and how we make our tools.
On September 14th, Miss Oregon will go on to compete in Miss America 2015 in Atlantic City, NJ. Make sure to tune into ABC and cheer her on!
What’s the info on the new releases from OR show? What’s coming up, and when can I get them?
LED Lenser is releasing four exciting new products: NEO Headlamps, F1R, T2 and TT. All these products begin shipping in September and October.
- The NEO headlamps are our new neon colored headlamps created for the active lifestyle user. Created with runners, joggers, families, nighttime recreational activities and more in mind, it has 90 lumens, 16:9 wide beamed light and runs on 3AAA batteries. You can get them in Yellow, Blue, Orange, Pink and Green.
- The F1R is one of the most powerful, compact flashlights on the market with 1000 lumens, Smart Light Technology® and IPX8 Waterproof features.
- Our TT and T2 are upgraded versions of our Tac Torch and V2 lights designed with better-quality optics, tail cap switch improvements and higher power LED’s to enhance the previous versions for the users.
Leatherman is launching the Leatherman Leap. The Leap will be available to ship in the next couple weeks!
- The Leap is the industry first ever kid friendly multi-tool. It’s ergonomically designed for the first time multi-tool user, with the ability to be functional with or without the knife blade depending on maturity and responsibility level of the child. When ready, the knife can be locked into the tool for use. The Leap gives the younger generation the first tool designed just for them.
Why buy a LED flashlight?
- They are simple. LED stands for light-emitting diode, which is a simple electrical current that only allows the electricity to move in one direction.
- They can last for a long time. The average battery life of a 180 lumen light is 90hrs. And those batteries are sometimes rechargeable.
- LEDs are known to be more durable than other lights. The materials that they’re created from help that durability. Temperature control, non-glass components, longer lifespans, lumens, the list really goes on.
- Options: These lights, like many others, also come in different shapes, base configurations, focus systems, colors and intensities.
- These lights can be created to produce light in various ways, fitting all your needs. Headlamps, handheld, keychain, powerful, waterproof, mounted, survival, outdoors, etc.
- Often times, they’re paired with technology. Like Smart Light Technology, for example.
We’re proud of our lights – Shop them here.
Did you know we have a full line of tools created just for our Action Sports enthusiasts? We’ve launched a new category of our blog, dedicated specifically just for our Action Sports blogs, and we have a goal to write about both Leatherman and Leatherman Sport a little more.
What is your Action Sports Line?
We set out to partner with industry experts to deliver lightweight tools designed for the equipment and needs of Action Sports. We launched it in 2013, and have grown from there.
You mentioned industry experts, what kind of experts?
We’ve partnered, gained expert opinions or worked with brands and professionals like Signal Snowboards™, Arto Saari, Girl®, Royal®, and Cyrus Sutton to really understand the craft and needs of each sport in a multi-tool or pocket tool.
What kind of tools are there?
Our action sports line is filled with lightweight multi-tools, pocket tools, knives and of course the compliment of LED Lenser headlamps and lights.
What sports do you currently have?
We currently have tools for Surf, Skate and Snow.
Where can I buy these items?
You can buy them online at our website here.
Are you going to add other sports to your line?
Just like other Leatherman products, as we grow, we’ll be looking into other sports and activities. Leatherman’s mission is to help as many people as possible improve their lives by preparing them for the expected and unexpected.
Can I carry-on my AS tools onto a plane?
Some yes, some no. Mostly yes though! You can also always stow it in your checked luggage that travels under the plane. And remember – ultimately it is up to the discretion of the individual TSA agent as to what they will let you carry or not. For the latest federal regulations, please visit www.tsa.gov. The tools we currently have that follow those TSA guidelines are: Grind, Hail, Jam, Style PS, Rime, Shooter and Thruster.
Are these tools still under the 25-year warranty that Leatherman has?
Absolutely! Our warranty is simple. You broke it, we’ll fix it. No questions, no hassles, no wasting your time. Just go to the Warranty page at leatherman.com/support-warranty.html and print/fill out the form provided there, put it and your tool in the mail to us and we’ll fix/replace your tool and send it back to you for free. If you are from outside the US/Canada, please go to this same place on the web site and select the country you live in and send your tool to that country’s distributor. They act as the warranty agent for Leatherman in that country. You can also find warranty information on the Leatherman Mobile Site, “Warranty” button, but the form cannot be downloaded from there.
Do you guys have stickers?
We sure do, and they’re awesome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send some out to you.
Well, let us help you out a little:
We recently decided to take a leap into the world of Limited Time Offers! We had some product that we’ve been holding onto that we wanted to share with all of you. For a limited-until-we-run-out amount of time you can get our retired Blast, 30th Anniversary Micra and 30th Anniversary SuperTool 300. These products we’ve placed on our website here for you to check out – and we’re not restocking them! We’re excited to be able to offer this opportunity to you all and hope you are too. Get them while you can!
Blast: Loaded with our most requested features, the Leatherman Blast is ready for work. Longer blades mean easier slicing, sawing, filing and more, while Zytel® handle inserts provide a comfortable, reliable grip. New designs for the handles and pliers help Blast sustain more than double the squeezing load of the original PST. With the Blast, even small hands can get themselves around the biggest jobs comfortably.
30th Anniversary Micra: The Leatherman Micra is our most popular mini-tool with anglers, hobbyists and those who can appreciate the best spring-action scissors around. Personal care features that fit on your keychain are just part of what makes the Micra truly unique. Ten useful tools are packed into this tiny, lightweight Leatherman. This special 30th Anniversary edition Micra sports a black DLC coating, our 30th Anniversary crest, and Tim Leatherman’s signature, making it a perfect gift choice for collectors or the DIY multi-tasker in your life.
30th Anniversary Super Tool: The award-winning, Leatherman Super Tool 300 is the multi-tool for the working man. Larger pliers are the strongest we’ve ever produced and the sloped-top handle design means you can maneuver them further into tight spaces. When you’re working with gloves on, the large side cutouts make it easy to still grab components and rolled handles make for a comfortable grip. Stranded, hard and regular wire cutters all come standard on Super Tool 300, and because they’re removable you can repair or re-sharpen on the spot. 19 tools all ready for your toughest jobs – and, for a short time, available in this limited edition 30th Anniversary edition! This special release features a black DLC coating, our 30th Anniversary crest, and founder Tim Leatherman’s signature, perfect as a gift for collectors or for yourself.
Leatherman employees created two coed softball teams this Summer season and both were entered into the same league. Named “The Raptors”, we take on other Portland teams once a week in our league.
The day was inevitable however – the day we would play each other. Both teams went head to head Tuesday night in the ultimate, but friendly, battle for the Leatherman Softball Team title. Ultimately, it was a lot of laughs and a lot of fun, and a very close game!! Leatherman #1 prevailed winning 13-11 over Leatherman #2 at the end of the day. Congratulations! Leatherman #2 is already speaking rematches…